Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday's happenings...

Hello everyone!

So...today was the day I realized I'm in Botswana, Africa. After enjoying a beautiful and rushed breakfast (due to oversleeping), we travelled throughout Gaborone and neighboring towns/villages. I've had all day to reflect upon the events of today and I'm still finding it difficult to describe my experience. We travel through a small neighboring village which I found somewhat similar to the image of Africa in the media--lowly homes in every sense of the word. One of my sisters shared with me the importance humility (shoutout to DB)which I believed I understood. However, after seeing the people within this village as well as the children of the OSO orphanage, I have a greater sense of humility. I don't want to paint a sad picture because even in the midst of the poor economic or material state, these people had great joy and an abundance of life. Which I have chosen to take a lesson from them. There's a great deal I need to continue to digest but as soon as that process is complete, I will be sure to share.

Yesterday, I forgot to mention that I broke my digital camera on flight to Gaborone. Yeah, Karm you were right, I should've packed a disposable camera but I didn't. However, after missing a number of EXCELLENT photo opportunities, I purchased a new camera today. I know my Dad will be excited to hear about that purchase...lol! Please believe I am snapping pictures left and right.

The Education team met today, we experience some technical difficulties but I'm sure everything will work out for good.

I think that's all I have for now so until later...*besos*

-Tiffany C. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment