Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday




















Between working long days and the Internet being down, it has been difficult to post on the blog. Everyone is doing well. We are working hard tonight to finish projects for the final day in the schools. At both schools, our projects have gone very well, and we have had a wonderful time getting to know the students and school personnel. The children have touched our hearts. They have appreciated the attention, the information, and the projects that we have done with them. Our UofL students are terrific people.

Parents, spouses, children, and loved ones should be proud of them. They represent your family, our University, our state and country extremely well. They have performed well under pressure, many changes, and unknown challenges. They have touched the lives of some of the most inpoverished children in the community as well as some of the brightest in the city. They have embraced the experience and made the most of every minute.

If the Internet holds up, I'm going to tell the story in pictures. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. We love and miss you!!! We worked very hard tonight sorting clothes. They are sorted and organized. Lynn and I also found craft ideas :) I love seeing the pics. I wish I was there. Africa is definately on my bucket list. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was on mine too. I would love to come back. It is a beautiful place! Thank you for sorting all of the Bellize clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go U of L!!! Thank you for representing us and for touching the hearts and lives there. Back home we are very proud of you!! Thank you Margaret for telling the stories in pictures. You can look at the faces on both the children and our U of L staff and see how this is changing lives for both. Thank you again for taking us there with you!! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caytie and Casey!! I have read about your days and the children you all have worked with and I know it is changing your lives!! It will be so good to see you all but I hope that you get to enjoy each moment that you are still there!! Cherish them and know those of us here wish we could be there with you!! I am about to go to work, it is such a nice morning here, birds are chirping and a nice breeze is coming through the window. Charlie and Trixie are laying by the window and Trixie is doing her usual barking, noting changes!! Well have a fabulous time as you wind down your trip and I will see you at the airport!!
    I just can't believe that this time has passed so quick!! WOW!! love you both, Momma
    P.S. Casey love you in your teaching picture!! What a handsome boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caytie, Casey & Brittany: It is soooo exciting seeing all of you in AFRICA, I am living your experiences vicariously and lovin' every minute of it (thanks for the blog Margaret). I couldn't believe seeing Casey in a T-I-E, wow (Kristen would be proud), although I could see everyone was dressed to the nines the sight puts some of our students to shame! Caytie, the "free home" sign has been removed and the "please do not litter" sign has been uncovered with Booger's signature beside it, we'll see it when we go to Nancy's on Monday, can't wait. I've been cravin' that p-seed bagel (with honey walnut c.c.)with coffee. All of us will need to sit down and spend many hours going over all of your experiences (Walgreens pics thru Saturday are 50 for $5.00, such a deal). I liked the idea of caging you guys while the wild life roamed free. Can't wait to see y'all, I'll be there Friday & Saturday. Love, Pa Jim

    ReplyDelete