Friday, April 30, 2010

Starting Africa off on the right foot...

This trip was been amazing so far. We have definately started the trip off amazeing and it is just creating more excitment and anticipation for the rest of the week. The flight went faster then I expected and my body is still trying to play catch up with this time difference. The food is amazing, I thought I would not be eating as well as I am but I am loving the food!! I had Kurry chicken on Friday night for dinner and I was told at dinner it could give you nightmares... well needless to say I did not sleep very well on Friday night so apparently that is true. The people of Botswana are so welcoming and seem very receptive to us. Today we went to the craftsmarket and I really enjoyed seeing the crafts and materials native to the culture! The scarves, bags, wooden sculptures, and jewlery were all amazing. Tomorrow we are going to a village and I am soo excited for that experience! Day by Day we are slowly being emerged into the culture and I absolutely cannot wait to be in the schools with the students as well as for the Safari on Sunday!! Africa is turning out to be everything I imagined it would be and so much more!
Morgan Forrester- Psychology Team!!

4 comments:

  1. Morgan, I'm so glad you are enjoying Africa! I stayed up Wednesday night/Thursday morning and tracked your flight on Delta's website! That Kurry chicken sounds kind of scary! I hope you are getting better rest now! I can't wait to hear all of your stories when you get back.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I am writing you through the psychology post, thank you so much for emailing us and letting us know of your trip so far. I have shared it with all of the family and friends. I just read about all the amazing food you all are experiencing, I am very jealous!!, but they don't know what they are in for because Page's CAN eat!! Try all the native foods and let us know your favorites! Lots of people and students are following your all's blog and we have been talking about it. Everyone loves it!!
    This morning I was able to catch Stacey on Skype and the 10 kids I had in my room got to see her and listen to her as we wrote back and forth. She could not see or hear us but we could her. She was very happy that you all arrived safe. Make sure you take advantage of what you can experience there, and bring back everything you can. Hope to read more soon, remember how much dad and I love you!! Love you, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey Boy, just looked at some of the pictures that were posted. Make sure you take lots and lots of them!! I want to share them with the kids at school. They loved it when there was that one of you all arriving. Tyler kept asking me where you were, he was thrilled to see you. Good luck playing cars and don't let the monkeys steal your wallet!! love you momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan Glad you made it there safely. I am happy to here you are having a good time. Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete